If you use a Bryanston laptop, you’ll need to upgrade your version of Office to 2016 using Self Service. It is really important that you quit all the Office applications before you start.
The video below will show you how to do it – the whole process takes about 20 minutes, and is simple to do – hurrah!
Alternatively, you can follow these instructions:
- Quit all the Office applications – Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Open Self Service on your laptop – this should be in the dock, or you can find it using Launchpad. You’ll need to log in using your normal details.
- Install Microsoft Office 2016 – it is in the list that appears. Just click ‘Install’. It should take about 10 minutes.
- Once this is complete, install the Microsoft Office 2016 Updates – this is also in Self Service. This one will also take about 10 minutes.
- Your upgrade is now complete! You can access the new Office applications using Launchpad and can pull them into your dock from there.
When you first open any of the applications, it gives you a brief overview of the updated features, and you’ll need to click ‘Get Started’.
If you have any questions or comments about the new Office suite, please contact eSupport.